Motivational Speaker, Author
& Singer, Sandy Geroux
Creating WOW experiences for customers and co-workers
I thoroughly enjoyed your presentation yesterday. I have seen a lot of speakers, and I mean A LOT, so I’m very jaded and make for a tough audience. I thought you were incredibly engaging and the content of your presentation was totally on the money and absolutely relevant, not to mention that there were things that one could “take away” and implement right away.
- Jason Lawrence/Sales Manager, The Medical Concierge
Sandy's high impact content - combined with a dash of fun, humor and entertainment - inspires attendees!
Your WOW products attract customers, but do your employees bind customers to you or drive them away? Disengagement and burnout prevent employees from sharing new ideas and going the extra mile to find hidden WOW’s that add up to exceptional experiences for everyone around them. Do you leverage the competitive advantage that exists in the knowledge, creativity, and inspired actions of a team of committed employees who consistently treat your business as if it were their own, and your customers as theirs… or do you allow it to remain hidden or “walk out the door” to benefit your competition?
In her programs, Sandy offers uplifting ideas, entertaining stories, and easy-to-use models that foster innovative and proactive thinking to help attendees remember they do make a difference… and lead others to do the same, helping them eliminate excuses, break the “status quo”, and reinforce a culture of service, values, respect and creativity.
Creating the WOW is not a one-time action. We can’t simply create an experience, deliver it once, and consider our job done. It’s an ever-improving process for surprising and delighting employees and customers alike on a regular basis. We must never allow anyone to feel that we’re taking them for granted, or that they’re just another number.
Creating the WOW entails three stages:
- Creating the WOW: we must find ways to keep moving forward, such as finding new products and services to offer, new ways in which to offer them, or ways to improve what we currently offer.
- Sustaining the WOW: consistency is everything! If the experience is not consistently "WOW!", each and every time it is delivered, we will hurt ourselves more than if we'd never created it in the first place - because now we've broken our "promise" (and their expectation) of consistent delivery.
- Improving/Building on the WOW: we must continually create new WOW experiences for employees and customers alike, rather than allowing everything (or anything - even a WOW!) to remain “status quo”.
Discussion points to increase employee engagement and improve customer service include:
- How do we "keep it fresh" so we deliver the WOW experience consistently, every time, for every customer or employee?
- What is the difference between procedure-based work and goal-based work... and why every organization should know it.
- Ways to focus the culture on creating WOW experiences.
- Why leaders at every level must COMMAND respect... instead of DEMANDING it.
- How to tap into and leverage employees' hidden talents, abilities, and tacit knowledge to create a competitive advantage.
- Conducting effective brainstorming sessions and using Negative Branch Reservation (NBR) to create "what-if" scenarios to create thorough plans and back-up plans.
- The WHO IS RIGHT vs. TREAT THEM RIGHT mentality: The (internal & external) customer is NOT always right, but if we want to create WOW experiences, our focus must not be on who is right or wrong, but on how we keep our eye on our ultimate goal of serving others by finding a way to treat them right anyway (within reason), salvaging those that are not beyond repair, and preventing as many as possible from getting to that point.
- ... and more!
After Kissimmee Utility Authority’s managers and supervisors heard Sandy Geroux’s presentation on delivering outstanding customer service, they were so impressed that they asked that she return to deliver this message to each and every KUA employee. Sandy complied with our request and exceeded everyone’s expectations. Sandy puts everything into it… and she has a lot!
- Jim Welsh/CEO, KUA
Tapping into employees' tacit knowledge is considered A MAJOR competitive advantage in the 21st Century!
When employees feel valued - and valuable - their innovative ideas can help the entire team:
- Find new and creative ways to consistently serve and treat customers better
- Suggest process improvements and brainstorm new ideas for higher productivity
- Discover ways to save money and resources
- Even come up with ideas for new products and services!
Call Sandy today at 407 856-1188 - let's inspire your workers to Turn Your Workplace into a WOWplace!
Thanks again for a wonderful program! You did a great job!
- Laura DiMase, Pepsico
You were fantastic! Everyone loved you!
- Linda Rodriguez, CPS, Chevron Bus. & R.E. Services
Please view the video below... and commit to taking the WOWplace Challenge in your organization!
People often don't remember what you say or do... but they do remember how you make them feel.
Click here for more details on this exciting program that promotes employee engagement, inproves customer service, and creates a WOW for your team, including information on a team-building activity that helps your associates create a video deliverable to demostrate pride in your organization, called Values & Service... YOUR Style!
Call us at 407-856-1188 or e-mail us to inquire about Sandy's availability to help you turn your Workplace into a WOWplace!